Frequently Asked Questions of Mimpi Manis Bali
1 What comes included in the basic price?
On top of getting your own fabulous villa by the beach, our rate also includes:
- Daily Breakfast: our staff will come in at the time of your choosing every morning and cut up fresh tropical fruit and make fresh juice. We also provide bread with butter and jam, as well as coffee and tea. Basic egg dishes, muslie, and Bali pancakes are also included. Should you wish to have anything else for breakfast, just let our staff know the day before and they will prepare this for you for the cost of the groceries.
- Daily maid service and villa butler service: our villa butlers Made & Ayu will clean your room and the villa daily; and will change the towels and linens every 3 days (or earlier if needed). Our “villa butler service” basically means that our staff will be there during the day to help you with whatever you need. They can organize massage service in the villa, arrange babysitters, book a car or tours, order food delivery, shop for your groceries, take your laundry to get done, etc. Just ask them and they will do their best to help you with whatever you need. They can also cook you meals in the villa for just the cost of the groceries plus a small service fee that you can pay directly to them. Our staff are excellent with kids and can babysit after their work hours for a small charge.
- Round trip airport transfers, or local transfers within 1 hours driving from the villas (only included for stays of 5 nights or longer). For groups of more then 4 people, please let us know how many in your group and how much baggage so that we can arrange a larger car to pick you up. When you exit the arrivals area at the airport, please look for a sign with your name on it. If you have any problems finding our driver (Putri), you can call her at +6287860624031 (drop the +62 and add a 0 if calling from a local phone). **Please note, airport transfers are not included if you are staying at a discounted rate, or stays of less then 5 nights.
- Free WI-Fi Internet: WI-Fi is free and is available throughout the villa. The password is in our villa information booklet.
2.What doesn’t come included in the basic price that will be charged to me?
Basically unless you order any additional services, you will not be surprised with a bill at the end of your stay. The following service will be charged to you on departure (or before), should you use any of these services:
- Meal service – breakfast is included, however if you ask our staff to cook you dinner, there is a service charge of 150,000IDR for this, plus the cost of the groceries. This rate if for up to 4 people, if your group is larger, the cost is an extra 30,000IDR/person.
- Groceries – please remember to pay for your groceries that you order from our staff. For larger orders or harder to find items, they will add a 20% surcharge on top of the bill.
- Massage – please pay this directly to the masseuse
- Extra transportation – if you use our driver for any other trips please pay him directly
- Laundry – our staff will take your laundry to get done if you put your dirty clothes in the laundry hamper in the bedrooms. They will give you the bill for this when you get your laundry done (it’s very cheap).
- Babysitting – our staff can babysit for you after their working hours (they usually finished around 3 or 4pm), however they charge 50,000IDR per hour for this service which you can pay directly to them
**Payment for incidentals incurred during your stay can be paid to our staff in USD or IDR. If you would like to pay via credit card, please let them know the day before so that they can arrange for our villa manager to come to the villa with her credit card processing machine.**
3. How many people can comfortably sleep in the villas?
Our 2 bedroom villa can comfortably sleep 4 adults + 4 children under 10. We have a dedicated kids bedroom with 2 single bunk beds and a baby cot. We can also set up another baby cot and blow up bed in one of the bedrooms.
Our 4 bedroom villa option is both of our 2 bedroom villas rented together and they have interconnecting doors that can be opened up. In this configuration the villas can comfortably sleep 8 adults + a few kids. Just send us an email if you have any questions about how we can accommodate your group.
4. What is the cost of having a driver or cook for the day?
Driver: our driver can take you on your own private tour to anywhere you like in Bali, or he can drive you out for dinner and wait for you until you are finished. If Made is already busy with other guests, he can arrange for a friend of his to take you out. The cost for a full day (8 hours) of driving is 500,000IDR and this includes the car, driver, and fuel. The half-day rate is 300,000IDR, and for smaller trips has a rate sheet in his car.
Cook: our villa butler Made, is a great cook and can cook you dinners for a set fee of 150,000IDR (about $15USD) + the cost of the groceries for up to 4 adults, there is an extra cost of 30,000IDR/person over 4 people (kids under 10 free of charge). We have a menu in the villa of the dishes she is good at cooking. If you would like something that is not on the menu, just ask Ayu, and she will try her best.
5.How do we arrange payment for the villa?
To confirm a reservation, we require a deposit of 50% of the total amount for your stay. This can be paid via bank transfer in USD, or HKD to our bank account in Hong Kong, or in USD or IDR to our manager’s bank account in Bali, or in USD to our account in the USA. When paying via Bank Transfer, please select to accept the charge for the transfer from your account. The other payment option is via PayPal or FlipKey Payments, and you can pay via credit card with both of these options. There is a 3.9% fee for PayPal and FlipKey charges 3% fee, but includes some trip insurance. Just let us know your preferred payment method and we will send you the appropriate invoice.
Final payment is due within 60 days in High Season of your arrival and payment can be made the same way. If you wish to avoid having 2 bank transfer fees, you may wish to pay the full amount up front. Our standard cancellation policy will still apply if you pay upfront and we will issue you a refund if your cancellation is far enough in advance.
All payments for incidentals while you are at the villa can be paid in cash to our staff in USD or IDR. If you would like to pay via credit card, please let them know the day before so that they can arrange for our villa manager Putri to come to the villa with her credit card processing machine.
6.What’s your policy on cancellations?
In the event that the Guest cancels a confirmed booking, the following cancellation fees will generally apply:
20% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made more than 60 days before the start of the rental period
50% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 30 and 60 days before the start of the rental period
100% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 1 and 29 days before the start of the rental period.
The applicable amount will be deducted from the deposit and moneys paid, and we will refund any remaining balance to the Guest – minus any transaction charges.
7. Can I arrange for a few provisions for the fridge/cupboard before I arrive?
We have a mini-bar service at the villa. Upon check in, your fridge will be pre-stocked with local beer, wine, and soft drinks, and there will also be some chips and nuts for snacks.
If you would like anything else just send us an email with what you would like to have in the fridge for your arrival, and our staff will have it here waiting for you. They will give you the bill for the shopping directly for you to pay, and there will be a 20% surcharge on the bill for this service (this goes directly to our staff).
8. What entertainment facilities are there at villas?
We have a 42” LED HDTV with an Apple TV and DVD player in the living area, and sound system for you to connect your device to. For the Apple TV, we have a Netlfix and Hulu account so that you can stream all the latest TV shows and free movies. We also have satellite TV so you can keep up with the news, sports, or pop on some cartoons for the kids. The TV has a USB port for plugging in your own storage device to play TV or movies. You can connect to the sound system via Bluetooth or AUX cord.
We provide free Wi-Fi Internet, which is accessible throughout the house and garden.
9.What is there to see and do around the villas?
There are many things to see and do around this part of Bali:
- Surfing – we are only 5 minute walking to one of the best surfing breaks in Bali, and one of the top 10 fun surf breaks in the world. There are many surf competitions held just in front of us. Because of the surf though, this beach is not recommended for swimming. Our driver Made is also an excellent surfer and he can come out in the water with you and give you lessons. Stand Up Paddle hire is also available and they will deliver the board to the villa.
- Kite surfing: during the months of May – Sept. there is a fairly consistent cross-shore wind that picks up in the afternoons.
- Exploring: a nice walk up the beach is a must while you are in this part of Bali, the beach here is rugged, beautiful, and not crowded at all (expect for Sunday evening sunsets!). Also the village of Pererenan is a lovely, traditional Balinese village, and there are picturesque rice terraces all around for exploring.
- Horseback riding: there are horse stables in the village about 15 minutes walking from the villas. They offer riding along the beach and through the village.
- Golf: we are only 20 minutes driving away from the Greg Norman designed Bali Nirwana Golf Course. There is a lovely resort here called the Pan Pacific, which is a great place for lunch overlooking the Tanah Lot Temple, and there is a great Kids Club here if you want to drop the kiddies off and go for a round of golf.
- Biking: we have 4 bicycles for exploring around the local area – free of charge.
- Massage: you can get a massage right in the villa for very reasonable prices. There are spa menus in our information book.
- Water park: there is a huge water park in Kuta that kids both young and old will love. There is also a smaller water park located at the Pan Pacific resort only 20 minutes driving away, and a brand new one that just opened at the Canggu Club, which is only 15 minutes away.
There are loads of other activities to do around Bali including: whitewater rafting, paragliding, kite surfing, bungee jumping, fishing, SCUBA diving, visiting temples, cooking classes, shopping, etc. We have a detailed information book in the villas with maps and lists of all the activities you can do. Our staff can help you to arrange any of the things that interest you.
10. What surf breaks are nearby?
We are located pretty much directly behind one of the best surf breaks on the West coast of Bali, and site of several annual international surf competitions
- Pererenan Rivermouth Break. This is a fast, fun, and sometimes barreling right hander, with a short and fun left as well.
- Pererenan Left – this is an intermediate level wave with some fun rides to be had – best on mid-high tide due to rocks under neat.
- Sand Bar – only 7 minutes walking from the villas are the fast and fun sand breaks of Canggu.
- Old Man’s – about 10 minutes walking from the villas – a very long and fun left hand wave. When the waves are really big, this is one of the only breaks that still works. Best on a low-pushing tide.
- Tugu – a fun beginner and long boarding wave that works on any tide and almost any conditions.
- Berawa – about a 15 minute drive from the villas
- Kedungu – a fantastic A frame break with an easy paddle out. Good for beginners, and when it’s big good for intermediate/advanced surfers.
11. Liability at the villa.
The owners accept no liability for personal injury, sickness, loss, damage, additional expense or inconvenience, directly or indirectly caused by, or arising from the use of the property or it’s facilities. We also accept no liability arising from weather, local practices, airlines or similar travel arrangements or any other matter beyond our control. We recommend that all of our guests take out their own travel insurance policy before your trip.
12. Does your villa have a the proper license to operate for rentals?
Yes, we do have what’s called a Pondok Wisata license, or “Guest House” license. We are one of the few villas in Bali that actually have this license, and actually pay tax on our income.